Selected publications from the National Forum are hosted by the Education Resources Information Center (ERIC) and can be accessed on their site. Other publications are linked below.
Sign up here to view National Forum publications and reports.
Most Recent Publication and Reports
Stay tuned for our most recent publications and reports that will be available for you to download.
Research Publications and Reports
- Open Access: Integrating Immigrant Students in America’s Community Colleges
- Achieving the Dream: Recommendations for Admissions and Financial Aid Administrators on Working with Undocumented Students
- Examining the Financial Resilience of Hispanic-Serving Institutions (HSIs) As They Prepare to Serve the Next Generation of Latino Students
- Reconciling Federal, State, and Institutional Policies Determining Educational Access for Undocumented Students: Implications for Professional Practice
- Strategies for Involving the Faculty in Civic Renewal
- Wingspread 2005/2006 Monograph: Taking Responsibility: A Call for Higher Education’s Engagement in a Society of Complex Global Challenges
- Wingpread 2004/2005 Monograph: Higher Education Collaboratives for Community Engagement and Improvement
- Fufilling the Promise of Civic EngagementAccess to Democracy Project: Community Report on
- Attitudes Regarding Educational Attainment Grand Rapids (Michigan) Surrounding Communities
- Theory from the Ground Up: Community Organizing in Grand Rapids, Michigan and Surrounding Communities
- Lt. Governor’s Commission on Higher Education and Economic Growth Final Report
Other National Forum Publications
- Civic Education Annotated Bibliography
- Faculty Barriers to Civic Engagement Annotated Bibliography
- Service Learning Annotated Bibliography
- Chambers, T., Burkhardt, J., Pasque, P.A., & Rasmussen, C. (Winter, 2004). Civic Engagement in Higher Education: The Role of Trustees and Boards. Priorities Report. Washington, DC: Association of Governing Boards.
- Equity Annotated Bibliography
- National Forum on Higher Education for the Public Good (2004). Who is college for? A community discussion guide. Ann Arbor, MI: Author.
- National Forum on Higher Education for the Public Good (2004). Who is college for? Moderator guide. Ann Arbor, MI: Author.
Conference Papers and Presentations
- Daun-Barnett, N. J., & Perorazio, T. E. (2006, November). Infusion of innovation: Catalyzing policy change through research. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Association for the Study of Higher Education, Anaheim, CA.
- Bowman, N. A. (2005, November). Attitude change in discussions of access to higher education. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Association for the Study of Higher Education, Philadelphia, PA.
- Small, J. L., Bowman, N. A., Burkhardt, J. C. (2004, October). Exploring Access in Higher Education in Michigan . Michigan College Personnel Association. Kalamazoo, MI. October, 2004.