The quality of the NLA Fellowship experience is contingent on the participation of each Fellow in the carefully designed residential sessions and online collaborations.
Benefits To The Fellows:
The New Leadership Academy Fellows Program provides participants with the opportunity to:
- Affiliate with one of the country’s leading centers for higher education scholarship and practice and become a part of a select group who will be invited to take part in ongoing seminars and conferences on emerging issues in higher education.
- Interact with distinguished faculty, senior administrators, and policy makers drawn from a variety of institutions and national associations.
- Acquire specialized knowledge and tools needed to provide highly effective leadership within complex institutional settings.
- Build a network of future executive leaders who will be stewards for the future of higher education.
Selected NLA Fellows are expected to:
- Attend NLA regional Orientation (in-person or virtual). One Orientation session will take place in-person at the American Association of Hispanics in Higher Education (AAHHE) National Pre-Conference on March 8-10, 2018 in Irvine, CA. Other regional Orientations will be announced at a later date. The virtual Orientation will be conducted at the end of March.
- Participate in a five-day Mid-Year Retreat to be held at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI, on June 18-22, 2018.
- Complete a series of online learning modules, webinars, and a massive open online course (MOOC) throughout the yearlong experience.
- Attend the NLA Concluding Retreat during the AAHHE National Pre-Conference in March 2019 in Irvine, CA.
- Create a proposal and presentation for the AAHHE National Conference in March 2019.
In addition, NLA Fellows are required to finance their own travel costs to and from program activities. This means that all costs associated with travel to Orientation (if attending in person), Mid-Year Retreat, and Concluding Retreat, including airfare, ground transportation, meals and lodging are to be covered by the Fellow.