Who Should Apply?
- Those who represent a range of ethnic and racial groups, ages, and years of experience in higher education and other fields.
- Individuals with strong commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) within their organization, community, and institutions.
- Participants generally hold mid- to senior-level positions and bring expertise in working with students and in higher education leadership.
- In order to optimize the benefits of the fellowship experience, Fellows should be able to fully commit to all forms of participation.
- Past Fellows have included community leaders, individuals in executive leadership positions, faculty, administrators, those engaged in scholarly work, and other higher education professionals.
- Brief responses to three essay questions;
- A current CV;
- Two references who can provide letters of recommendation. These individuals must be able to speak to the applicant’s leadership potential, skills, and abilities.
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2018-19 NLA Fellows Program. Applications for the 2019-20 NLA Fellows Program will be available in Fall 2018.
For questions or concerns about the technical details of uploading or submitting your application, please contact Slideroom directly through the application website. The NLA selection committee is firmly committed to selecting applicants from diverse professional backgrounds in an effort to enhance the fellowship experience through the integration of differences in perspectives.
No payment is necessary until you have been accepted into the NLA Fellows Program. Upon receipt of your admission notification, you will receive detailed instructions outlining the next steps in the process. There are limited NLA scholarships available. If you have questions about eligibility, criteria, or other aspects of the application process please email email@example.com